UNDER CONSTRUCTION INSPECTIONS & PACKAGES
Our ‘Under Construction’ inspections will indicate any building problems, defects and poor workmanship at an early stage and ensure that your builder is building in accordance with the Council approved plans (where plans are made available).
We will ensure that at the end of each stage, when you are presented with a ‘Progress Payment’ claim from the builder, that all the work carried out and materials used are to an acceptable quality and to ‘Australian Standards’, and the ‘Building Code of Australia’, and that all is in accordance to plan.
Overall quality of ‘Workmanship’ is inspected, and should be up to an acceptable standard. Under Construction inspections can be negotiated for your specific needs.
Areas that can be included in the Under Construction package are
- Footing and slab;
- Up to ‘plate height’ – brick and timber frame;
- Roof framing and cladding;
- Practical completion (handover inspection).
The report will note all defects as seen by the inspector. However, it is suggested that you negotiate with your Builder/Supervisor regarding items which may be of a minor nature, within tolerances and which you are willing to accept.
SOME EXAMPLES OF BUILDING PROCESS ITEMS WE INSPECT
Our ‘Under Construction Report’ can be carried out as a 3 stage package or any combination of the building process. Here are just a few of the many items we inspect progress and quality of :
- Walls, both internal and external – timber, steel and brick
- Brickwork (workmanship & coursing)
- Cavity cleanliness (bridging)
- Vertical & Horizontal levels on walls
- Room & window size & correct clearances
- Cladding – fibre cement, boarding and metal
- Construction Integrity – (wall ties, brick keying, tie-down straps)
- The proper placement of Articulated Joints, Flashings & Weep holes (from exterior)
- Lintels (type & size)
- Building in of doors and windows
- Glazing (interior and exterior)
Roof Framing & Cladding
- Roof construction – timber, steel and timber trusses
- ( Plate tie-downs, joists, beams, struts, under-purlins, hip & valley timbers & battens)
- Roof cladding – Custom orb and tile installation
- Chimneys, flumes and vents
- Roof fixtures – vents, air extractors, hot water systems, photovoltaic systems etc
Practical Completion (Handover)
- Plastering, both internal and external
- Ceilings and cornices
- Walls and skirting boards
- Doors and windows
- Baths, showers and vanities (correct installation and support)
- Plumbing finishes and fixtures (installation only)
- Electrical finishes, exhaust fans, fittings and fixtures (installation only)
- Floor and wall tiling
- Paint coatings
- Inbuilt appliances (installation only)
Should you have a problem or concern with any part of the construction of your new home, we can offer independent advice as to the acceptable method of construction or for a fair resolution to a particular situation, independent to your builders’ technical bias and expertise.
The Inspections Also Include:
A comprehensive and detailed written report with photos within 2 business days of inspection
Any further information and/or telephone support required after our reports are delivered
On-site discussion and mediation (on a negotiated hourly rate)